The 80s, part two. This decade has a million hits worth the 45-33 treatment. Heh is but a symbol of the vast expanse of potential.
- Eye Of The Tiger (45-33) | Survivor
Eye Of The Tiger | 1982
High school basketball warmups just got fiercer.
- Mystery Boy (45-33) | Culture Club
Mystery Boy | 1982
Settle into this tasty little vision of mystery from Boy George and Club.
- Love Is A Stranger (45-33) | Eurythmics
Love Is A Stranger | 1982
Please watch the video and think of that creepy dummy with every “Ooh” and “Ahh” in the background vocals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6f593X6rv8
- Break My Stride (45-33) | Matthew Wilder
Break My Stride | 1983
Sorry, Matthew. Had to slow you down.
- Caribbean Queen (45-33) | Billy Ocean
Caribbean Queen | 1984
It’s sort of meta when you slow down Billy Ocean’s voice since everyone else, you know, sort of sounds like him on this speed.
- Living In China (45-33) | Men Without Hats
Living In China | 1983
Is this ping pong? Yes, probably, but MWH dropped a clever little reference connecting the dots between Gang of Four, the band, and Gang of Four, the CPC leaders. So, that’s cool, right?
- The Heat Is On (45-33) | Glenn Frye
The Heat Is On | 1984
Another video accompaniment recommendation, here. F***ing, Glenn Frye. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/540b145e5d/the-h-is-o-a-short-by-adam-mckay-from-adam-ghost-panther-mckay-will-ferrell-jimmy-fallon-and-ben-stiller
- Erotic City (45-33) | Prince
Erotic City | 1984
Prince’s rhythms hypnotize until the dawn.